- Call to Order – President Rodriguez called the meeting to order at 6:18pm
- Roll Call
- Board members present: President Isabel Rodriguez, Vice President Patrick Sullivan, Secretary/Treasurer Kaitlin Hakanson, At-large member Minea Kiss. Absent: None
- General members present: Brian Weissmeyer, Amie Bashant
- Guests: None
- Treasurer’s Report – $1,847.42. No new expenses or income. No upcoming expenses.
- Approval of Minutes – 7/07 meeting minutes amended, approved unanimously. 7/21 minutes approved as written. 8/04 meeting minutes approved as written.
- Last Day for School Lunch Program/Handouts and swag – President Rodriguez will have an MNA table set up at the last IYS summer lunch event. She will be providing agendas for our next meeting, and the custom MNA pens that were ordered.
- Banner Ordered – The MNA banner arrived earlier than expected. It is solid red with our tulip logo on each side of white lettering. The banner will be used at the Community Market.
- Flea Market/Yard Sale/Sidewalk Sale – Aug. 22 – For the upcoming event this weekend, Brian printed pet charm coupons. Most of the heavy lifting on arranging the event is done.
- Newsletter for Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec – We will be using Mail Chimp to create an email newsletter for MNA. Two things we’d like to include in the first issue: no green waste with the county this year (due to COVID), and it’s a good time of year to change the battery in your smoke detector.
- Board Positions/Application – President Rodriguez created an application for joining the MNA board. A copy was given to Brian as he has expressed an interest in serving on the board. Discussion about how to recruit more members for our organization. Several vacant board positions right now.
- Annual Business Meeting – Date of the meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 13. Discussion about what we need to cover at the meeting. Will remain a standing agenda item until the event.
- Member Hakanson introduced an agenda item via email: consideration of Recreation Park as a community garden/mixed use area. Lots of interest in the motion, and discussion about various projects that could utilize the space, ranging from moving the property into a community land trust to bringing a developer in to construct low cost housing. Discussion about new 3D printing equipment that can produce modular housing from concrete. Discussion by Member Weissmeyer to approach the County to secure funds for a prototyping project using this specialized equipment. Motion to table discussion of this item was approved.
- Discussion about taking field trips to various places of interest in the neighborhood, including Mills School.
- The Ross Ragland Theater is hosting their Lighting of the Tower event on August 27.