8/04/20 General Meeting

  1. Call to Order – President Rodriguez called the meeting to order at 6:07pm
  2. Roll Call
    • Board members present: President Isabel Rodriguez, Vice President Patrick Sullivan, Secretary/Treasurer Kaitlin Hakanson, At-large member Minea Kiss. Absent: none
    • General members present: Maria Duran, Tabita Rodriguez, Vanessa Serrato, Jonah Hakanson.
    • Guests: none

Old Business

  • Aprons purchased – Following board approval at a previous meeting, President Rodriguez has purchased black aprons. The plan is to customize the aprons with our logo to be worn at events.
  • Association pens – Also for events, President Rodriguez has purchased 700 red pens with “Mills Neighborhood Association” in white text.
  • Banner – Groupon is offering a sale on vinyl banners. Discussion comparing prices, sizes, and features. The final decision was on an 8’ x 2’ outdoor banner with a red background and white text. Jonah is offering to set-up the images for the banner.
  • final school lunch give away – August 25 – IYS will be doing their last food distribution event at Mills-Kiwanis Park on August 25. President Rodriguez will be attending the event and will be providing pens to participants. She will also be encouraging people to sign-up to receive our email newsletter.
  • piano in Mills-Kiwanis Park – A lot of attention was on the damage done to the piano that was placed in Mills-Kiwanis park by the Piano Project. After members of the board met with a representation of the Klamath Falls Downtown Association, it was agreed that the piano would be repaired and brought back to the park. The work was completed in about 2 weeks, and park visitors are able to play on the instrument once again.

New Business

  • Flea Market/Sidewalk Sale/Yard Sales – Secretary Hakanson discussed the planning that has been done for the Mills Community Market, scheduled for Saturday, August 22. Fellow board members recommended more signage for the event be created.
  • Vacant Board Positions/Treasurer’s Position – Several people have been approached by members of the board to fill our vacant board positions. No bites yet!
  • Ideas for expenditure(s) or project(s) for Grant Funds Received – President Rodriguez asked the entire group what they would like to see us spend our grant funds on. The only comments related to fixing sidewalks in the neighborhood. President Rodriguez stated that those types of improvements are handled by the City. The MNA will definitely give them a reminder to consider replacing the sidewalks in our neighborhood.

Public Comment

  • none

Action items

  • Our first email newsletter should go out before September, and cover September through December. The newsletter should also be published to our website and Facebook group.
  • “Snacks and Craft Time”, using the decor items donated to us. October: foam pumpkin carving. November: Christmas/holiday wreath. December: Christmas/holiday ornaments.
  • Our annual meeting is scheduled for October. Need to start planning.
  • Is there going to be a Snowflake Festival this year?

Adjourn – Meeting adjourned at 6:43pm